The Academy is designed by Advanced Level FA (Football Australia) coaches working within the National Curriculum. The Academy will run for a 25-week period. Each session will incorporate technique development through individual & small sided practices. All coaches will be qualified under the FA coaching accreditation scheme & also meet all child protection criteria as set by FNSW & the NSW Department of Sport & Recreation.
- To identify talented players as early as possible and help them develop good playing / training habits along with an attitude that is essential to helping a player fulfil their potential.
- To provide our Community club players with the opportunity to undertake supplementary training that is development based in a structured and staged program that seeks to train players who are ‘like-minded’ and intrinsically driven to reach their footballing potential outside their normal club training at a local venue.
- To maintain and strengthen each club’s player development through consistent delivery of quality / intensive training sessions which provide appropriate learning environments for all.
- To help track a player’s development and create a footballing ‘profile’ for the child which can be used when assessing players at future representative trials rather than depending solely on the player’s performance at the trial i.e. they might be sick or not play well on that particular trial day. This way they can be assessed over a 25 week period.
Benefits for Players
- One of the main benefits of the program is that players will be provided with more personalised attention to their needs during sessions as the coaches are not trying to prepare a ‘team’ for an upcoming club match.
- The program focuses on improving individual and collective skills as well as developing decision making through a ‘game centred’ approach to the sessions.
- Players will be constantly monitored and reports collated to assist with their development progress which will also be supplied to the club for ongoing development purposes should they require them.
- We will select groups of players who perform consistently at training in the 25 week program to play in matches against and or train with our current SAP / Youth League where the coaches can assess their development against their own players.
- As well as this the players will also have opportunities to match their development against outside Associations / Regions that are running similar programs at least twice during the 25 week program.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY the players who participate in this program will train with like-minded players who are intrinsically motivated to improve their technique / decision making abilities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where and when?
Term 1 – 5 weeks 07/03/22 – 04/04/22 David Woods Field, East Bowral, 5.30pm-6.45pm
Term 2 – 10 weeks 25/04/22 – 28/06/22 TBA, 5.30pm-6.45pm
Term 3 – 10 weeks 18/07/22 – 19/09/22 TBA, 5.30pm-6.45p
Q What if there are more than 12 players for my group?
A We will look to appoint another coach based on numbers.
Q Do I need to trial?
A Trials for this program are not necessary but in the case of lots of players wanting to join we may have some trials and group the players accordingly. Also note that to stay in the program players must demonstrate a willingness to develop their potential (good behaviour!!).
Q What if I register and pay my deposit but then I am selected into the SAP / HFC Youth?
A If you are selected for one of our representative programs your money will be refunded in full.
Academy Development Program will take in three groups of male and female footballers –
U9-U12 (Field players) U9-U12 (Goalkeepers)
Full Program 25 weeks $350
10 weeks $160
5 weeks $80
AYL Preparatory Academy
U13-U15 (Field players) U13-U15 (Goalkeepers)
Full Program 24 weeks $336
10 weeks $160
4 weeks $64
Program Fee Includes –
- Quality structured FA Curriculum based training sessions
- Homework Program
- Drink Bottle
- End of program awards
- Player progress reports / video feedback where possible
- A sibling discount is available and is $20 per sibling i.e. $350 for first and $33 0 for others
To register please complete the following JotForm https://form.jotform.co/80516947284869
Should you need further information on this program please do not hesitate to contact Nick D’Amore, Technical Director on email@example.com or 0407 917 062